Sunday, February 18, 2018

Sundays: the Best and Worst Day of the Week


The week has finally begun again, yet it feels as though it’s ending. You want to relax all day and watch the game, yet you have so much work to catch up on before work/school the next day. You’re full from your mom’s gourmet Sunday dinner, but your checklist of things to do this week are more empty. 

If you grew up religious like myself, the routine was you wake up for Sunday morning mass, go to a crowded breakfast establishment, and rest for a couple hours and procrastinate as much as possible on your assignments due Monday. In the days of undergrad, it meant hanging out with your friends, attending various extracurricular events, and making sure your assignments for the week were on the right track. 


This still relates to me in grad school; with my new work/school schedule, there’s slightly more flexibility to get my work done and make money.  It’s the day during which I can *somewhat* adult and go grocery shopping, clean my apartment, and my car. It’s also a day when I get go out with friends and family for brunch and indulge on bottomless mimosas (hey, gotta survive those manic Monday’s right?!). 

There’s fire under my behind in terms of getting tasks accomplished. It’s a time to appreciate having “a little me time”, which even as a people person, I need a little bit of. And once my tasks for the day are done, I feel all the more like I can take on the week. 

So this Sunday, be sure to take the time for some prayer (if you’re into that kind of thing), spend time with friends and family, or something that you feel will make your Monday a little better. Accomplishing your tasks will help you avoid those Sunday scaries! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm BACK!

 Hey guys!  I know it's been a minute (who I am kidding, two years) since my last post! But I am announcing that PKPK is back and better...