Monday, April 1, 2019

An Ode to 24

Good afternoon, chicos and chicas! It is my 4th day as a 24-year-old and I must say, it has been a pretty stable year thus far. I say that now, but I am at a point in life during which I know what my end goals are: I am VERY excited to earn my master's degree this May, find a full-time job in New York, and surround myself with positive people. It was not a cake walk at all to get to this place, however; it was a road of personal growth and self-discovery that I had to go undergo (and I am still going through it, believe me you!). At the same time, it is one that I absolutely do not regret taking.

This being said, there comes a point in all our lives during which we question everything from religion to our political beliefs and our own interests. Does God actually exist? Do events in our lives reflect how we feel our government should structure itself? Do I like hip-hop or country music?

The point in writing this excerpt is that I want to ensure you that life is a constant journey of personal growth full of ups and downs and everything in between. It is a thing that has "I" in it, but also one that only YOU have sole control over. You may certainly be dealt a bad hand (shit happens); yet, in our mistakes, there is opportunity for redemption and reinvention. Through reinvention, we see ourselves through a different lens, waiting for the next challenge to come. With our friends, family, and our best selves by our sides.

So, this is to you, 24. I hope that being on the other side of 25 is as good as turning 13! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm BACK!

 Hey guys!  I know it's been a minute (who I am kidding, two years) since my last post! But I am announcing that PKPK is back and better...